The Latin America Parents Association - National Capitol Region (LAPA-NCR) is a support group of families who have adopted children from Latin America or U.S.-born children of Latin American descent, as well as prospective adopters seeking children of Latino heritage.
Who We Are
LAPA-NCR is a tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization in the state of Maryland. More than 200 families are members of LAPA-NCR, most of whom live in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC, and Pennsylvania. LAPA-NCR families include adopted children from Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, and Venezuela, as well as the USA and other countries around the world.
LAPA-NCR is not an adoption agency, but a volunteer association of adoptive parents. Please consider joining us. Our objectives are:
1. To help adoptive families:
- Remain in contact with one another;
- Learn about Latin American culture;
- Exchange ideas about raising adopted children through social get-togethers, Mis Amigos culture camp, forums, and meetings.
2. To provide financial and material aid to children and families in Latin America.
3. To help families seeking to adopt from Latin America by:
- helping prospective adopters meet adoptive families
- providing information on how to adopt from Latin America, including
answering questions submitted to our LAPA Line
LAPA-NCR works with several independent organizations including:
LAPA New York, Inc.
P.O. Box 339
Brooklyn, NY 11234